Friday, January 21, 2011

Midsummer Nonsense!

The midsummer madonna
is getting rather tatty and going to seediness

the heat is going to her head



it's as if she says

to hell with all this housework
and just lets things go



and if she's not controlled
she goes quite wild and crazy


in such ravishing abandonment...
with such beauty in her wildness



that you just want to let loose

and

join her...

it's summer, after all!


This overgrown garden is at the bend in our street. an old house with a rampant garden.
I photographed it as I walked home from the movies.. very hot in the sun.
I went to see THE KING'S SPEECH.   Wonderful movie..
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I love your artwork and your description of it, as it segues into the garden...perfect!

    And, I'm looking forward to seeing that movie. It sounds like you had a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what sweet rebellion! I just saw The King's Speech too, and have just posted on Penny's blog, straight after you. Wasn't it marvellous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joan, I love the wild abandonment of these flowers. There is nothing quite as flouncy and uncontrolled as a morning glory - nor nothing quite as sunny on a midsummer's afternoon, is there?

    I love your collage above - and, I feel as if I've seen The King's Speech with you and Juliet. We weren't in the same theater, or the same hemisphere, but, we seemed to be watching it, as you both commented, "in sync".

    It is a round and cold 0 degrees F here as I write. Brrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who can blame the midsummer madonna for throwing caution to the wind and really getting into the season? :)

    I've heard great things about that movie. Weather permitting, we're going to see it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the King's Speech last weekend (a birthday treat), and it was superb! It's the first time I've ever been to a movie where the entire audience burst into spontaneous applause at the end.

    As for summer beauty, I'm just borrowing yours right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your header and this post -- I long for that midsummer abandon...

    ReplyDelete