Sunday, January 30, 2011

Serendipity Sunday..

After thinking about Alice in Wonderland yesterday
I checked my e-mails
and there was the quote for the day (below)
from www.gratefulness.org

Strange how often in life this happens.

Coincidences?



"One can't believe impossible things" said Alice.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice" said the Queen.
"When I was your age I always did it for a half an hour a day.
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Lewis Carroll
Through The Looking Glass.
Chapter 5


The art is a doodle-collage on canvas.. a work in progress.
Slow progress.
It has been around for a while.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote to have found yesterday, Joan! Thank you for sharing it, and your collage, which is making such lovely progress. Now, I have to and believe in a few impossible things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the "six impossible things," quote on a refrigerator magnet at Christmas time and gave it to my son's girlfriend. I love it!

    And, the art is great. I immediately thought of, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings." Because it isn't really caged. It sits above the illusion of being caged. But, that's me off on a tangent. this has a nice message for me on many levels, including thinking impossible things into the possible. I LOVE how Life works. A divine quest, indeed. Thank You, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sort of synchronicity! That doodle is simply stunning, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art work Joan - such grace and lightness; I see dancing in there. Keep doing impossible things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite bits from Alice and what a beautiful doodle!

    ReplyDelete