Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Goodbye to a Friend..


Kevin died this morning.
Friend and supporter
in good times and bad.

I will remember you always
with thankfulness and love.

Teacher, poet and lover of music and books and words and gardens and trees....
Orange and Green will always be our colours my friend.
In-jokes about belief and who we are.



Today indeed I am a sad 'Irish Catholic',
but the richer for having known you.


Gratitude fills my heart
for precious last times together;
for having known
you and Ann.



Go in peace.
Kevin and Ann.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Dear Joan, I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend. What a wonderful tribute you have here with Yeats and the illustration, and of the note in Kevin's own hand, and, especially in your words as you bid Kevin farewell. How rich that he is now joining Ann. A sweetness in the bitter pill of life.
    Peace to you this day, Joan, and prayers. Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, What an infinite blessing, knowing Kevin and Ann and having their friendship. They surely felt the same. I love Yeats. The poem is very moving: the image of the bone, "wave-whitened and dried in the wind." My very best thoughts and prayers as you move through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tribute. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sadness, Joan, and what beautiful tributes. Much love to you, Juliet

    ReplyDelete