Sunday, May 27, 2012

Autumn

With all my travelling about
my garden has been rather neglected.

Somehow though
the season of Autumn
is forgiving.


Leaves fall and cover the grass
and little miracles
happen.

Ever mysterious,
the fungi hidden beneath the earth 

finds the elements just perfect
and blooms 

in the most extraordinary way.

Today
was a perfect Autumn day
with a soft rain 

dimpling
the lake at the gardens

and transforming the carpark
 into a fantasy land of mirrors.

I went there to see my friend Joan's
beautiful quilts. 

Joan works magic too
with colour and fabric
reflecting the colours and shapes of the earth.

So mysterious to me
is this creativity..

of artists,
of the earth and its seasons,
of the universe about us.

"The greatest surprise is that there is anything at all.. that we are here."  David Steindl Rast.

More awesome than we can understand,
and Autumn is the season
that says
take time,
reflect
and wonder.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. More awesome than we can understand,
    and Autumn is the season
    that says
    take time,
    reflect
    and wonder.

    What a wonderful way you have of sewing words together, Joan. I love these ending words and those are fabulous shots of the fungi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, gentle journey through fungi and gorgeous quilts. You capture the flavour of autumn perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots of the mushroom! And what a beautiful quilt! And, if I may be permitted yet another !!!, I loved the pictures of curtains!

    ReplyDelete